At National Patient Transport (NPT), we care for our people, patients and customers. Our priority is the safety of patients and employees, especially those on the front-line.
As patient transport provider in a regulated non‑emergency patient transport industry, we will continue to coordinate closely with government authorities and taking action around COVID-19 in line with their recommendation and regulation.
For your peace of mind, we have also introduced a number of measures:
Protecting our people
- A national COVID-19 education package to all staff around COVID-19, the infection control requirements for the transport of suspected and / or confirmed cases and the cleaning / disinfection requirements following each transport
- Enhanced hand hygiene practices upon entry into NPT branches.
- Training on social distancing, hygiene practices and other precautionary measures.
- A national COVID-19 24×7 assistance hotline has been established for employees and drivers, whereby they can access medical advice around COVID-19.
- Remote working solutions where possible including online technology for meetings and daily operations.
- Restrictions on travel.
- Postponement of large-scale events.
Customers & Patients
- We are working in partnership with government to provide continuity patient transport services.
- Our patient transport officers, ambulance attendants and critical care nurses have been educated to ensure good hand hygiene standards including practicing the 5 moments of hand hygiene.
- Our vehicles are being cleaned and decontaminated in accordance with Australian Guidelines for the Prevention and Control of Infection in Healthcare.
- Our vehicles are equipped with additional PPE as per the WHO recommendations
- Implementation of social distancing practices within share office spaces to provide continuity of service delivery
We thank you for your continued support and look forward to continuing to deliver high quality and safe patient transport services even in these challenging times.